To align our product development with our Clients’ strategies, Apex has adopted a number of product management best practices from the software industry and adapted them to address some of the unique challenges within financial services.
The “coordinated releases” take place over a 16-week cycle, which amounts to about 4-months in between releases. That translates to 3 full release cycles per year. In this document you will find key features and functions that are generally available to clients via the release process.
Highlights from this launch cycle include:
- PayPal Cash Transfers:
Domestic investors can now fund their brokerage accounts directly from their PayPal wallets by using the new Cash API PayPal funding product.
- Modern Service Experience: Apex Service Center
New, centralized client service touchpoint has visibility into requests and a resource center with how-to articles and FAQs.
- Order and Trade Posting Enhancements
- Liquidation-only support for assets not on Apex’s fractional allow-list added to Orders API.
- Optional Max Sell Quantity Control on notional sell orders added to Orders API.
- Fixed income allocation trade booking support on Trades API.
- Foreign financial tax processing on Trades API.